La Torre alle Tolfe traces its name back to the eighth century when Tolfo dei Grici, one of Charlemagne’s knights built a watchtower here for the defence of Siena. The first written records of wine-making on the estate date back to 1316. Our own history on the estate dates to the 1950s when Luigi Castelli and his wife Lunella Morfini purchased the villa and surrounding properties and land. The children of Mania and Mark now living on the estate represent the fourth generation to live here. For more information on the history of Le Tolfe click here.